JK Car Rentals takes the protection of your privacy and data very seriously and recognises its obligations as a Data Controller in terms of applicable data protection law, mainly the General Data Protection Regulation EU 2016/679 as supplemented by the Data Protection Act (Chapter 586 of the Laws of Malta) and any other laws which relate to privacy and electronic communications.
We are fully committed to protecting our visitors’ and/or users’ privacy and we will not collect any personal data about you as a visitor unless you provide it voluntarily. In recognition of our legal duty to respect and protect your personal information, we commit to take all necessary safeguards to prevent unauthorized access and any personal data collected from you as a visitor and/or user, is not passed on to any third party, without your authorised consent.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
As a visitor to our Website, we collect, store and make use of the following kinds of personal data:
- Contact information including your name, surname, address and email address;
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of car rentals, including bank account details and billing information, and/or subscribing to our Website services and/or email notifications;
- Site usage information;
- Web page download information.
Except as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or regulatory requirements, no personal data that we process will be kept longer than necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it is processed. To determine the appropriate retention period, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the purpose for which we process it and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means. When we no longer need your personal data, we will securely delete or destroy it.
USE OF PERSONAL DATA
We may use your information and the information of those travelling with you for the purpose of completing travel bookings, as well as in the administration of this Website, to improve the Website’s usability and for marketing purposes. Through the information provided, you will also be able to create and register an account with us, as well as submit enquiries to us. By using the Website, you are giving your consent for such processing to take place. Where you choose to receive marketing information through the contact information you have provided on the Website, we will let you know about any special offers that may be of interest to you. You are able to opt-out at any time.
Hence, the data requested from you is necessary in order to:
- Enable your travel booking;
- Create and register an account with us;
- Provide the services and information you request such as details about your booking;
- Provide us with an emergency contact number for you;
- Submit enquiries to us.
- Send information (other than marketing communications) to you which we think may be of interest to you by post or by email or similar technology;
- Send you marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications to be sent by emailing us on [email protected]);
- Provide other companies with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user. We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
We want you to feel confident about using our Website to book travel arrangements, and we are committed to taking appropriate steps designed to protect the information we collect. Furthermore, at any point when we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you have the right to:-
- Access your personal data by submitting your request in writing to us. We may request specific information from you to enable us to verify your identity and for more information about your request;
- Request amendments to any inaccurate personal information we may hold about you;
- Stop direct marketing messages;
- Object to certain processing based on legitimate interest;
- Withdraw consent for other consent-based processing at any time;
- Request that we transfer elements of your data either to you or any other service provider.
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings.
- Help us recognise you as a previous visitor and save and remember any preferences that you may have set while you visited our site;
- Help us customize content and advertisements provided to you on this website;
- Help measure and research the effectiveness of the website features and offerings and email communications.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. This, will however have a negative impact upon the usability of many Websites including this one.
No license or right of use may be attributed to any of the trademarks or logos appearing on the Website, which cannot be used without prior written consent of the owner. We reserve the right to pursue any act of infringement of our intellectual property rights, including within the framework of criminal action.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL DATA
We usethe utmost care to ensure and maintain the highest level of security possible. We however cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information which you send to us and take no responsibility for any losses or damage that may occur. While no online service can guarantee absolute security, we have implemented appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect the personal information that we collect and process about you.
The Website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the terms and conditions or content of third-party websites.
APPLICABLE LAW AND JURISDICTION
The Courts of Malta shall have exclusive jurisdiction over all claims or disputes arising from or in relation with the Website and the terms.
69, Triq Sir Paul Boffa, Zejtun. ZTN2474
Tel.: +356 77209209 / +356 99422422
Email: [email protected]
Thank you for visiting.