JK Car Rental T&C
- Petrol Stations are open Monday to Friday until 18.00hrs. Saturday until 13.00hrs. Sundays and Public Holidays they are closed all day. Automatic Self service machines are available in most petrol stations.
- Speed limit in Malta is 50kms in towns and 80Kms in open roads, unless otherwise marked. Beware of Speed Cameras.
- Driving in Malta is on the left-hand side.
- When involved in any accident please call the Warden Traffic Accident Service on +356 21320202 and do not move the car from the place of the accident.
- The Hirer is responsible to pay for any parking tickets, speed fines and other traffic violations whilst the vehicle is in their possession. These can paid at our offices or any Local Council Office but Company will need a copy of receipt. If the fines are not paid before clients departure, a further €25.00 will be incurred. When parking in a Time Parking Zone, please display clock provided on windscreen.
- Flat or Split tires are the responsibilty of the Customer. In the case of a flat tire, take it to the nearest Petrol Station or Tire Repair Shops for puncture repair. If Split, Customer is obliged to replace it with a new tire.
- Fuel left in the car is not refundable.
- If your car breaks down, find the sticker attached to the windscreen with the necessary details of our breakdown service provider.
- Upon delivery of the car please check for any damages and advice your JK Car Rentals representative before driving the vehicle.
- If your car breaks down please call MET our Breakdown service contractor on Tel: 21227979-21227676 or Mob. No: 79227979-79227676. This is a 24hrs service free of charge.
Terms & Conditions
The vehicle, the subject of this agreement is being hired under the following terms and conditions which both the Hirer and the Customer declare to have read over, approved and accepted.
- The Vehicle is in good mechanical condition and state of repair and must be returned in the same state and condition, wear and tear expected, on the termination of hire.
- The Customer must inform the Hirer of any loss of damage to or fault in the vehicle. Use of the vehicle when damaged or faults, shall be at Customer’s risk.
- The Customer will be liable for an excess in respect of any event giving rise to claim. This amount may be waived at an additional cost. If the vehicle is used or driven in violation of the terms of either this agreement or insurance policy, the Customer shall be responsible for the payment of all damages. In case of claims there is an administration fee of €60.00 + VAT over any excess.
- In the event of an accident, the customer must leave the vehicle in the exact position that it has come to rest. The accident must be reported to the Traffice Wardens on the following telephone numbers: +356 21321202 and to JK Car Rentals offices.
- If the customer does not purchase the “Collision/Theft No Excess Option” , the excess will be assessed against the credit card as a “Prre-Authorisation”. These funds will no longer be available for your immediate use and may take up to 14 days, depending on your bank, to become available. We will not be responsible for any insufficient fund charges of bank fees related to this process. If there are insufficient funds, we reserve the right to charge you the additional charge of €60.00.
- Punctures and Split tires are the responsibility of the Customer, thus damages or new tires if needed are at the Customer’s expense.
- The insurance cover is void if the Client/Customer is under the effect of any alcohol, drugs or in case of gross negligence.
- The Hirer shall not be liable for any loss or damages to any property left, stored or transported in the vehicle by the Customer, his assigns and passengers. The Customer hereby assumes all risks and waives all claims against the Hire/JK Car Rentals.
- The Customer declares that s/he has examined the terms and conditions even ones explained by our authorised representatives.
- The Hirer does not accept any responsiblities for delays in the consequence of break down.
- The Customer will pay in advance and on demand the charges set out overleaf or on the rental agreement.
- The Hirer may at any time repossess himself of the vehicle without giving any notice to the customer provided there is a justified cause. The Hirer’s rights under this agreement many on be waived in virtue of a written document duly signed by the Hirer or his accredited representatives.
- Clients are responsible for any damages made to the vehicle whilst in their possesion even whilst unattended, parked etc.
- If the Client locks the key inside the car, a fee of €25 + VAT will apply to re-open the car. In case of a flat battery due to negligence (ex. Lights being left on etc) a fee of €25.00 + VAT applies to restart the car.
- Unpaid contraventions and congestion fees after 3 days of issue, incurr an adminstrative charge of €25.00 + VAT apply.
- At the end of the rental, car should be parked correctly, not in a Time Zone or Restricted Parking Area and photos should be taken and mailed to the Hirer in case that the car is to be collected later by the Hirer.
- The company shall process the Personal Data found herein according to the Data Protection Act and according to the principles, ethics and guidelines of CreditInfo Malta which the compaany is a subcriber. In case of any default by the Clients in fullfilment of the above terms, the company has the right to pass on any information to the respecitive Authorities and to CreditInfo Malta Ltd for the registration in its Defaulting Debtors Database.
- If the car is returned extremely dirty, especially with bird droppings, vomit or beach sand, a fee of €60 + VAT for valleting will be charged.
- At the end of the rental the client should take pictures of the parked car as proof that the car was not returned with new damages.
- The Client is responsible for all costs of repairs in case of wrong fuel used, lost/broken keys and for damages to the interior of the car.
- If the Client requests car to be delivered a fee of €30 + VAT is charged. Delivery charges to Malta Internation Airport only apply during weekends, public holidays or after 18.00hrs.
- The “Terms & Conditions” which the customer agreed to when effecting the booking apply together with these “Terms &Conditions”.